£9.29 per hour + holiday
Posted 3 weeks ago | ref: 231498Apply
JOB TITLE: HR Officer
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £25,614 per annum
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College are looking for a HR Officer to join the team on a full-time permanent basis. You will be responsible for providing a full HR advisory service to line managers in designated areas of the College working proactively with managers to support them in all aspects of managing the performance of their staff. You will also be required to foster an ethos of pro-active engagement with the wider college group community and involvement with College activities and events.
- Deputise for the Senior HR Business Partner/Team Leader and pick up responsibilities in their absence.
- Administration, monitoring and authorisation checks for DBS and pre-employment records.
- Inputting new starter information/variation to terms/salary on to the system so that members of staff are correctly paid.
- Produce appropriate and accurate letters required through the course of HR communication with staff regarding their terms and conditions.
- Process leavers and ensure payroll has the appropriate information to process accurately.
- Assist in the review and update of HR policies and procedures.
- Support and advise managers on identifying training needs within their areas and in implementing any College wide initiatives. Work closely with the Learning & Development Co-ordinator in incorporating these needs through staff development.
- Support managers when vacancies arise, assisting them in the vacancy authorisation process, aiming to meet recruitment needs as cost effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Undertake the recruitment process from placing advertisements through to making conditional job offers and completing pre-employment checks.
- Regularly meet with managers and identify any staffing issues within their areas.
- Advise and support line managers on all aspects of performance management and employee-relations casework, in accordance with relevant College policies and procedures and application of current employment law.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to Level 3 or above in a HR related subject.
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent is desirable (or equivalent experience).
- Recent comprehensive experience of working within a HR generalist role.
- Hold GCSEs/Level 2 in Maths, English and IT at grade C or above.
- Experience in recruitment and selection including on-line recruitment.
The working hours for this role are 8:30am-5pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am-4:30pm on Friday.
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email your firstname.lastname@example.org