Work Placement Co-Ordinator
£10.33 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
Posted 2 weeks ago | ref: 231685Apply
JOB TITLE: Work Placement Coordinator
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £10.33 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
QRS is working on behalf of Peterborough College.
- Support with the liaison with the curriculum teams to plan for placement requirements for the academic year.
- Promote work experience to learners through the delivery of tutorials.
- Implement a selection and matching process for learners to suitable placements, to include ascertaining a learner’s ability, skill set, transport availability, financial support requirements and career path, providing high quality information, advice and guidance.
- Ascertain any learning/health requirements of students prior to placement by requesting learner profiles to ensure employers can meet the learners needs whilst on placement.
- Ensure compliance with college policy in the placement of learners by completing the required Safeguarding and Consent documentation.
- Where appropriate, ensure DBS applications are completed for learners, checking relevant documentation and that a satisfactory DBS is received prior to the commencement of a placement.
- Administer the necessary correspondence to curriculum staff, learners and parents/guardians as appropriate once all checks have been completed, in accordance with risk assessment reports and safeguarding practices, communicating start dates and confirmation of placement details.
- Track and monitor learners undertaking work related learning and work experience on College systems, identifying any areas of concern with the Work Placement Team Leader.
- To conduct employer related health & safety checks in accordance with college policy, ensuring that employers have all satisfactory checks in place prior to the commencement of a placement.
- Record risk assessments and insurance details on the designated system, ensuring all checks are completed prior to placement of a learner.
- Build and manage external relationships involving employers, partners and the wider business community increasing knowledge and potential referral opportunities.
- To ensure the follow up of leads generated to create high quality work placements to learner and employer needs.
- Provide information, advice and guidance for employers in readiness of placing and supporting a learner on placement.
- Prepare descriptions outlining the agreed tasks in accordance with the risk assessment report for the work placement role.
- Conduct learner checks and reviews to support learners whilst on a placement, and evaluate progress, making recommendations for improvement to the Work Placement Team Leader.
- Support learners to identify and resolve problems/issues that affect their successful achievement of work experience.
- Conduct and evaluate employer feedback, making recommendations for improvement to the Work Placement Team Leader.
- Administer the necessary correspondence to employers once all checks have been completed, in accordance with risk assessment reports and safeguarding practices, communicating start dates and confirmation of placement details.
- Track and monitor learners undertaking work experience on college systems, identifying any areas of concern with the Work Placement Team Leader.
- Update college systems to ensure information relating to learners and placements is accurate and kept up to date.
- Support the promotion of work experience and the college offer through attendance at college and external.
- Report regularly to the Work Placement Team Leader progress against targets.
The person & qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (grades A-C, including English and Maths) or equivalent
- Level 2 qualification in IT or operating at an equivalent level
- Level 3 Qualified (as a minimum)
- Level 2 qualification in Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) or similar / equivalent qualification or experience
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) qualification or experience of performing risk assessments
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.