Skill Trainer Assessor
£26,363 - £29,625 Pro Rata
Posted 6 months ago | ref: 231827Apply
Job Title: Skill Trainer Assessor - IT
Salary: £26,363 - £29,625 (Pro Rata)
Hours: 22.5 hours, all year round
Based: Peterborough & Stamford College (Multisite)
QRS are currently recruiting for a part time Skills Trainer Assessor - IT to work 22.5 hour per week across the Inspire Education Group (IEG) on the Apprenticeship team.
To provide assessment, coaching and mentoring support to apprentices and work-based learners in the relevant apprenticeship framework or apprenticeship standard to achieve timely success. Working as part of the wider Academy team to provide a professional and quality service to apprentices, work-based learners and their employers in assessment of any relevant qualifications appropriate to the apprenticeship or work-based programme.
Facilitating regular performance development reviews with the apprentice and their employers providing the required coaching and support to ensure the apprentice achieves their full apprenticeship / work-based learning successfully.
Working flexibly to meet the assessment, skills and behavioural development needs of the apprentice / work-based learner both in College and at employer sites at varying times throughout the learning programme as required.
Preparing the apprentice and/or work-based learner for successful achievement in their required assessments.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- To be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- To accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- To assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- To champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and actions to support learner achievement of their short and longer term goals.
- To take accountability for apprentices to achieve their learning and development objectives in a timely manner to contribute to increases in achievement and timeliness rates for the College’s provision.
- To regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
- To plan and regularly monitor learning and development progress by working collaboratively with relevant parties involved in the apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes.
- To maintain accurate records (paper or electronic) of; assessment; employer and learner activity; and learner achievement, compliant with funding rules, awarding organisation and College guidelines.
- To visit apprentices and work-based learners at agreed regular intervals to ensure timely progression towards learning aims and agree and review appropriate actions related to development of knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- To participate in quality assurance procedures according to established guidelines ensuring compliance with awarding body/EPAO requirements and the College IQA processes.
- To participate in educating employers in changes or developments in the skills sector relevant to their industrial area.
- To represent the College professionally ensuring that manner, conduct and any work undertaken at employer sites maintains the College’s reputation and adheres to the local Health and Safety regulations.
- To participate in the activities related to employer and learner voice to actively inform development in the provision to enhance the employer and learner journey.
- To maintain appropriate standards of positive learner behaviour and challenge inappropriate behaviours both in College and in the workplace.
- To keep up-to-date with developments relevant to the area of apprenticeships/work-based learning and area of own vocational expertise, including general developmental and professional updates relating to the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- To be prepared to assess under any discipline you are experienced and competent in.
- To offer pastoral support where relevant for apprentices/work-based learners and to mentor and support staff as required and appropriate.
- Deliver, promote and support good practice in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion, and compliance with the Inspire Education Group policies and procedures.
- Commitment to safeguarding and taking a shared responsibility to promote the welfare and a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults learning within the group.
- Promote and consistently exemplify behaviours in line with IEG Core Values
- Co-operate with, promote and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and responsibility for own health and safety.
- The post holder will normally be expected to use their knowledge, skills and experience to deal with work problems, prioritise their workload and take decisions commensurate with their post and its level of responsibility.
If this role is of interest please email a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 18/05/2022