Lecturer in IT
£24,898 - £26,363 per annum - Qualified: £27,137 - £31,399 per annum
Posted 1 week ago | ref: 232072Apply
Job Title: Lecturer in IT
Salary: Unqualified: £24,898 - £26,363 per annum - Qualified: £27,137 - £31,399 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, all year round
Location: Peterborough College
Closing date: 02/12/2021
QRS is working on behalf of The Peterborough College looking for an IT Lecturer.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Plan prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules for both Further and Higher Education curriculum offers.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them. Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- Consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, included blended learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings
- Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners.
- Attend and contribute to course team meetings and any other meetings as required including those for learner surveys, learner forum, course reviews and AMR for UCP when necessary.
- Deliver all components of the study programme including English and Maths and Work Experience, encouraging entrepreneurism in teaching and learning activities.
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday.
If interested please email email@example.com
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment agency under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.