HE Data Quality Officer
£22,860 per annum
Posted 1 week ago | ref: 232289Apply
JOB TITLE: HE Data Quality Officer
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £22,860 per annum
QRS is working on behalf of Peterborough College.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Lead on enrolment ensuring accurate and timely registration which satisfy Competition Market Authority (CMA) requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of withdrawals, assessment, achievement, destinations and verify the accuracy of data held in student records systems that inform funding allocations and the setting of student number control allocations.
- To monitor student data for accuracy and completeness and to take pro-active action to implement data improvements, with a full understanding of the wider impact of any data changes. This includes auditing student records to ensure that all relevant data required is received from students including finance, widening participation fields and prior qualifications are reported accurately.
- Meet with relevant curriculum staff to aid them in Curriculum Planning to include setting up programmes and aims, and managing their student data in a timely fashion.
- Verify the accuracy of data held in student records systems that inform funding allocations and the setting of student number control allocations.
- Ensure that all valid HESES funding data is correctly recorded and that over and under claims are avoided in external data returns (including those to the OfS and HESA). Be the first point of contact for HE Data Returns, quality requests and queries.
- Collation of data, analysis and support the Group Manager of MIS in the submission of all relevant HESA/data returns for validating awarding bodies.
- Lead and liaise with validating partners/ awarding bodies to ensure that the student records, are updated promptly and efficiently.
- Liaise with the Office for Students and HESA acting as the first point of contact for HE data quality requests and queries.
- Design reports and processes alongside the technical MIS team such as for reporting on progression.
- Work with UCP to coordinate the enrolment of new and continuing HE Learners.
- Work collaboratively with the wider MIS team to ensure systems and processes are in place for data quality reporting.
- Comply with all Group policies including data protection protocol (GDPR) and personal information code of practice/awarding body protocols.
- Promote and maintain courteous relationships and mutual respect with colleagues and other persons in order to promote the objectives of the group.
- Support the annual enrolment cycle by accurately processing enrolments and providing exceptional customer service.
- Analysis of the access and participation plan.
- Continuous commitment to CPD including government bodies.
- Delivering, promoting and supporting good practice in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion, Safeguarding and the Prevent duty, ensuring compliance with College policy and procedures.
- Promoting and consistently exemplifying both internally and externally the values and behaviours of the College’s vision
- Responsibility to cooperate, and for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working environment and own health and safety
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and vulnerable adults
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level of the post as required
The person & qualifications
- Good general level of education including Level 2 qualifications in English and Math
- Level 3 qualification in relevant subject (e.g. MIS/IT/Finance etc)
- ECDL/ITQ or equivalent IT Level 2 qualification
- First degree (or equivalent) or have relevant equivalent experience
30 days per year, plus bank holidays and discretionary days.
New appointees to the College are subject to a 6 months' probationary period.
Normal working hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email email@example.com
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.