Lecturer in Engineering
Unqualified: £24,898 - £26,363 per annum - Qualified: £27,137 - £31,399 per annum
Posted 1 month ago | ref: 232648Apply
JOBTITLE: Lecturer in Engineering
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: Unqualified: £24,898 - £26,363 per annum - Qualified: £27,137 - £31,399 per annum
HOURS: 37 Hours per week, all year round
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College and are looking for a Lecturer in Engineering.
- Plan prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them. Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- Consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, included blended learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings
- Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners.
The person & qualifications
- Minimum level qualification to teach subject – level 3 or 4, HND, degree or professional industry qualifications ideally in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Good general level of education including Level 2 qualifications in English and Math
- Level 3 teacher/training qualification (e.g. PTLLS) or commitment to working towards
- Level 5 Teaching qualification (e.g. DTTLS, Diploma in Education and Training, Cert Ed or PGCE)
- Industry/commercial experience in subject area/s
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
All employment offers are subject to a satisfactory fully-funded enhanced DBS check
New appointees to the College are subject to a 10 months' probationary period
37 days per year, plus bank holidays and discretionary days
This role will start from January 2022
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date 15th December 2021