Posted 5 months ago | ref: 232808Apply
Job Title: Permanent ESOL Lecturer
Salary: £24,898 - £31,399 per annum
Hours: 37 hour per week, all year round
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of Peterborough college for an English of speakers for other languages (ESOL) Lecturer to join the team on a full time permanent basis.
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
To provide teaching, learning and assessment to learners and students across a range of levels within the subject areas from Entry to Higher Education, depending on the needs of the faculty. To plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans. Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners. Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course. Be responsible for recording student progress and maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence- based practice Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression. Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology Carry out internal verification/moderation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Plan prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them. Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- Consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, included blended learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings
- Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners.
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org