Work Placement Coordinator
Posted 1 month ago | ref: 232909Apply
Job Title: Permanent Work Placement Coordinator
Salary: £21,682 per annum
Hours: 37 hour per week, all year round
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of Peterborough college for an Work placement coordinator on a full time permanent position.
The postholder will lead on the internal collaboration with curriculum teams and learners to identify and support learners to gain a work placement to achieve learning objectives and College targets. The postholder will ensure that learner and parental documentation is completed prior to the placement of a learner, in line with College policy. The postholder will lead on employer engagement to support learners to gain a work placement to achieve learning objectives and College targets. The postholder will ensure compliance with the College’s Employers Health and Safety Risk Assessment process in relation to the placement of learners. The postholder will support employers and learners whilst on placement.
- Promote work experience to learners through the delivery of tutorials.
- Implement a selection and matching process for learners to suitable placements, to include ascertaining a learner’s ability, skill set, transport availability, financial support requirements and career path, providing high quality information, advice and guidance.
- Ensure compliance with college policy in the placement of learners by completing the required Safeguarding and Consent documentation.
- Administer the necessary correspondence to curriculum staff, employers, learners and parents/guardians as appropriate.
- Track and monitor learners undertaking work related learning and work experience on College systems.
- To conduct employer related health & safety checks in accordance with college policy.
- Record risk assessments and insurance details on the designated system
- Build and manage external relationships involving employers, partners and the wider business community increasing knowledge and potential referral opportunities.
- Prepare job descriptions outlining the agreed tasks in accordance with the risk assessment report for the work placement role.
- Conduct learner checks and reviews to support learners whilst on a placement, and evaluate progress.
- Conduct and evaluate employer feedback.
- Track and monitor learners undertaking work experience on college systems.
- Update college systems to ensure information relating to learners and placements is accurate and kept up to date.
- Report regularly to the Work Placement Team Leader progress against targets.
The person & qualifications
- Level 2 qualification in IT or operating at an equivalent level
- Level 2 qualification in English and Maths GCSE Grades A-C or equivalent
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org