Creative Arts Technician
£9.50 per hour+ Statutory holiday
Posted 5 months ago | ref: 233070Apply
Job Title: Creative Arts Technician
Hourly Rate: £9.50 per hour + statutory holiday
Location: Stamford, Lincolnshire
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of an established college based in Lincolnshire for a Creative Arts Technician on a temporary basis until July 2022.
You will need to be physically fit and are able to lift things!
To provide practical support and assistance to staff and students in the Creative Arts Curriculum area.
- Assembling and preparing equipment, apparatus, materials, etc. for use in teaching and learning activities including performances.
- Clearing away, cleaning and safe storing of appropriate equipment, apparatus and materials after use.
- Maintaining areas used for teaching and learning in a clean and tidy condition.
- Control of materials and equipment stocks, ordering and issue of materials and equipment as required by Line Manager.
- Completion of records relating to utilisation of equipment, apparatus, materials, etc. as required by Line Manager.
- Maintaining and ordering of stock for the Art Shop.
- Making props and scenery for performance use.
- Video recording students’ work including performances.
- Oversee the setup of any exhibitions in the Directorate.
- Supporting staff and students in the use of specialist equipment.
- Supervising students undertaking practical/course work, visits, examinations/other assessments, etc.
- Assist within the whole directorate when required.
- Carrying out, as appropriate, safety checks, inventory audits and similar procedures.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, e.g. COSHH.
- To undertake minor maintenance work as appropriate to ensure the safe and uninterrupted use of accommodation, equipment and resources. Where necessary, arranging for the repair of accommodation/equipment in accordance with approved procedures.
- To undertake First Aid duties as and when required.
If you have an interest in Creative Arts and looking for your first step into it, apply today by emailing your CV to email@example.com
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010