Specialist Support Tutor
£12.91 ph + Statutory Holiday Pay
Posted 1 month ago | ref: 238238Apply
Job Title: Specialist Support Tutor
Pay: £12.91 ph + Statutory Holiday Pay
Hours: 37 Hours per week, 38 Weeks per year
Contract: Temp to Perm
QRS are working on behalf of an established Further Education College within the Cambridgeshire area and are looking for an Specialist Support Tutor to work 37 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year.
To provide high quality teaching and learning for English, Maths, language and study skills to identified SEND students in small group and 1:1 to students across college.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Deliver teaching and learning sessions for small groups to facilities support session on English, maths, language and study skills
- To complete assessments on students in line with quality teaching and learning
- To set and review SMART targets for students attending session in line with quality teaching and learning
- Working closely with the SEN Coordinator around delivery of aspects of the EHCP provision for EHCP learner attending Core Skills and Study Skills sessions.
- Utilise learning resources and opportunities, including ICT, fully and effectively in order to enhance learner experience and employability
- Assessing additional support and referrals for Exam Access Arrangements to make recommendations for reasonable adjustments
- Providing guidance on support options in ways that will maximise individual learning potential and achievement advising on how teaching practice and learning environments can become adjusted to the needs of the student
- Signposting students to appropriate internal and external agencies and services
- Working collaboratively with English and Maths department including attending curriculum meetings and maintaining strong communication to discuss progression and support for students
- Devising and reviewing risk assessments, support plans and recommendations for support delivery
- Providing and or coordinating training for team members and across the college as required
- Maintaining relevant knowledge of resources, legislation and best practice, and making recommendations as appropriate
- Maintaining and auditing records in line with ALS funding. Keeping accurate and timely records using college MIS systems relating to delivery and for internal reports
- Maintaining an adequate supply of equipment and relevant resources
- Actively promoting the provision available to current and potential students supporting enrolment, induction, college open events including evenings
- Developing, maintaining and promoting links with external agencies and services for signposting to staff and students
- Working collaboratively with the College Wellbeing and Safeguarding Team
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Start date asap
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.