Motor Vehicle Technician
£10.62 per hour + Statutory Holiday
Posted 3 weeks ago | ref: 239342Apply
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Trainer Technician
Hourly Rate: £10.62 per hour + Statutory holiday
Hours: 37 hour per week - term time only
QRS are currently recruiting for a Motor Vehicle Trainer Technician to work at Stamford College on a full time basis until the end of the academic year.
Train and provide practical support and assistance to staff and learners on Motor Vehicle programmes within the College
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Provide training and/or coaching in appropriate disciplines (including skills for life) to a range of learners on their selected programme or training.
- Make assessments of student competence against pre-determined criteria.
- To train students through the delivery of some underpinning knowledge.
- Train on a range of accredited programmes, as required, to deliver the learning aims of students. This will be achieved through one-to–one tutorials, classroom style workshops, observations and reviews of students in college.
- Help and assist lecturing staff in providing and undertaking practical and vocational learning activities for learners.
- Check, maintain and where possible repair equipment. This will include using basic welding skills.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organised environment in the workshop.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of files, both manual and computerised.
- Maintain stock levels and provide accurate and current inventories of tools, equipment and materials as required by your Line Manager.
- Attend meetings as required by your Line Manager.
- Participate in risk assessments of practical activities.
- Ensure the clearing away, cleaning and safe storing of appropriate equipment and materials after use.
- Supervise students undertaking practical work, visits, examinations/other assessment, etc.
- Support staff and students in the use of specialist equipment.
- Supervise the activities of learners to ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, eg COSHH.
- Undertake First Aid duties, as and when required.
- Undertake minor maintenance work as appropriate to ensure the safe and uninterrupted use of accommodation, equipment and resources. Where necessary, arranging for the repair of accommodation/equipment in accordance with approved procedures
The hours will be 8:30-17:00pm with 30 min unpaid lunch and 4:30pm finish on a Friday.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com