£13.67ph + Statutory Holiday Pay
Posted 2 weeks ago | ref: 239585Apply
JOB TITLE: Brickwork Assessor
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £13.67ph + Statutory Holiday Pay
QRS are working on behalf of an established Further Education College within the Cambridgeshire area and are looking for a Brickwork Assessor to work 30 hours per week for up to 12 weeks
- To be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- To accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- To assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- To champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and actions to support learner achievement of their short and longer term goals.
- To take accountability for apprentices to achieve their learning and development objectives in a timely manner to contribute to increases in achievement and timeliness rates for the College’s provision.
- To regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
- To plan and regularly monitor learning and development progress by working collaboratively with relevant parties involved in the apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes.
- To maintain accurate records (paper or electronic) of; assessment; employer and learner activity; and learner achievement, compliant with funding rules, awarding organisation and College guidelines.
- To visit apprentices and work-based learners at agreed regular intervals to ensure timely progression towards learning aims and agree and review appropriate actions related to development of knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- To participate in quality assurance procedures according to established guidelines ensuring compliance with awarding body/EPAO requirements and the College IQA processes.
- To participate in educating employers in changes or developments in the skills sector relevant to their industrial area.
- To represent the College professionally ensuring that manner, conduct and any work undertaken at employer sites maintains the College’s reputation and adheres to the local Health and Safety regulations.
- To participate in the activities related to employer and learner voice to actively inform development in the provision to enhance the employer and learner journey.
- To maintain appropriate standards of positive learner behaviour and challenge inappropriate behaviours both in College and in the workplace.
- To keep up-to-date with developments relevant to the area of apprenticeships/work-based learning and area of own vocational expertise, including general developmental and professional updates relating to the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- To be prepared to assess under any discipline you are experienced and competent in.
To offer pastoral support where relevant for apprentices/work-based learners and to mentor and support staff as required and appropriate.
To apply please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org