Skills Trainer Assessor in Fabrication and Welding
£29,476 to £31,995 per annum dependent on contract
Posted 1 month ago | ref: 242109Apply
Role - Skills Trainer Assessor in Fabrication and Welding
Salary - £29,476 to £31,995 per annum dependent on contract
Hours - 30 hours per week, all year round, to be worked flexibly
Contract - Permanent
Location - Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of Inspire Education Group for a Skills Trainer Assessor in Fabrication and Welding.
You will provide assessment, coaching and mentoring support to apprentices and work-based learners in the relevant apprenticeship framework or apprenticeship standard to achieve timely success.
You will work flexibly to meet the assessment, skills and behavioral development needs of the apprentice / work-based learner both in College and at employer sites at varying times throughout the learning programme as required.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- Confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- Accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- Assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- Visit apprentices and work-based learners at agreed regular intervals to ensure timely progression towards learning aims and agree and review appropriate actions related to development of knowledge, skills and behaviors.
The successful candidate will:
- Be Level 3 qualified (as a minimum) within at least one relevant vocational industry
- Hold Level 3 Assessment & Quality Assurance or equivalent (D qualifications must be updated to the current specification) or willing to work towards within 6 months
- Hold English and Maths to at least Level 2
- Have recent relevant experience of working within the relevant industry with high level practical skills where relevant
If you are interested in this role, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com