Student Support Worker
£9.29 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
Posted 3 weeks ago | ref: 231661Apply
JOB TITLE: Student Support Worker
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £9.29 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about supporting others?
Do you want an exciting new challenge and the opportunity to step into the world of Education?
QRS are working on behalf of an established Further Education College within the Cambridgeshire area and are looking for Student Support Workers to join the team as soon as possible for the new academic year on either a full-time or part-time opportunities.
You will be supporting learners with a variety of learning needs, disabilities within a group or on an individual basis within a classroom setting and sometimes in a practical setting within a further educational facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Clarify, explain, simplify, amplify and break down instructions to support comprehension
- Promote collaborative working by liaising with tutors about planned support for lessons and throughout the scheme of work
- Support teaching staff with behaviour management of individual/group sessions
- Establish positive, constructive and supportive working relationships with learners, tutors and colleagues promoting a team ethos
- Undertake personal research to gain experience/develop knowledge about specific conditions/disabilities/learning difficulties and course areas
- Complete accurate daily support records including learner reviews, one page profiles, learner agreements, target setting, E journals and pro monitor records as part of ALS audit requirements, to maintain quality and monitor progress
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and vulnerable adults
The person & qualifications
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent such as a Level 2 functional skills qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, passionate about supporting others, calm and hardworking.
- Good level of IT to support remote working and learning using a range of programmes.
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.