Posted 3 months ago | ref: 229719Apply
JOB Title : IT Technician
Hourly Rate: £9.29 per hour
Location: Stamford & Peterborough
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough and Stamford College to recruit for an IT Technician to start immediately for up to 6 months and could be extended onto a permanent contract.
This is a temporary opportunity offering 37 hours per week with an hourly rate of £9.29+holiday pay.
The role will include responsibility for the support and maintenance of the group desktop, mobile technology and peripheral equipment. The role will ensure that IT software deployment, support and end user hardware is in place, supported and to be fit for purpose and meet the current and future needs of any Group subsidiaries including Stamford & Peterborough colleges as well as the University Centre Peterborough.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Providing technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence, over the phone, via remote access and in person.
- Contribute to the support of the team IT queues, prioritising and resolving tickets through timely resolutions and quality responses.
- Provide support to staff and students on IT issues via the most appropriate means, primarily first line support.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE English Language and Maths (Grade C/4 or above) or other Level 2 equivalent qualifications
- Be qualified to Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject (or equivalent)
- Have a broad experience of Microsoft & Apple systems, peripherals & their architecture, including installation, upgrading and migration
For more information, please apply now by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org